Move-in Day, 2011

On Friday, August 26th, we welcomed 421 new students to their new home on the Hill. “Bison Bellhops” – faculty, staff and students – welcomed new commuter students and helped our new resident students move into their residence halls. One of my favorite sights of the day was a mom carrying this detergent bottle. Later that morning I overheard a student on his phone telling someone his room was “wicked nasty.” Thinking he was upset, I asked what the problem was with his room. He looked at me rather puzzled, then told me that “wicked nasty” means he thought the room was terrific. You learn something new every day when your life is focused on the lives of students!

3 thoughts on “Move-in Day, 2011

1. I know that the students enjoyed seeing you on campus helping out with them moving in. Even some of the parents were impressed to see the President of the College out and about. Once again Welcome to this “Wicked Nasty” college!!

2. Thank you to all who made move in day such a huge success. It was great to see so many of the students and families that we have worked with over the past year. Welcome to the class of 2015 and best wishes for a great career here at Nichols!

3. Congratulations to all at Nichols College who planned and executed a lovely Presidential Inauguration that was special on so many levels. The academic ritual in the organizational rite of passage was enhanced beautifully with the Quintessential Brass processional and recessional, the wisdom of keynote speaker Glavin, the Calls to Service, the inspiring musical interlude, the heartwarming gauntlet of students greeting the recessional, and the fun of the “Engelkemeyer song”. I can only imagine all the work that went into such a flawless event. Again, CONGRATULATIONS to all who made this happen!
    Karen West