During the month of April, the College hosted two jam-packed receptions for accepted students and their families. It’s always an enjoyable time to interact with our new students and learn why they chose Nichols, and encourage others in attendance to make the same decision.
While speaking to the group, I affirmed our commitment to transforming today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders and provided specific examples of the ways we are demonstrating this.
- A new academic building with classrooms designed to enhance students’ teamwork skills as well as innovation and creativity. We anticipate breaking ground in the spring of 2014.
- Curricular enhancements—the faculty will be meeting to discuss proposals about how to emphasize leadership in the first year and infuse it throughout the students’ four years.
- Scholarships—one of my primary goals over the next few years is to grow the number of endowed scholarships for our students so we can make a Nichols education even more accessible.
- Preparation for our Bicentennial celebration in 2015 and our plans to ensure Nichols continues along a successful path in its next 200 years.
- More enhancements to our already attractive campus.
- A larger endowment that supports more financial aid.
- An even more dynamic curriculum designed to build qualitative skills such as leadership and teamwork that make such a positive impression on employers.
I closed by encouraging prospective students to begin their own leadership transformation in the fall of 2013 at Nichols College.
It’s an exciting time to be here on “the Hill!” Come be a part!