The Spirit of Giving

During the month of December, our students represented the spirit of giving on campus and beyond.

Executive Advisory Board Members

Events ranged from a present wrapping event to benefit the alternative spring break in New Orleans to candy-grams to help raise money for an athletic team training trip, to a photo with Santa for one of our clubs. In addition, members of the student Executive Advisory Board (EAB) served dinner at Jeremiah’s Inn (pictured), a residential recovery program in Worcester.

Nichols students in New York City

Off campus, students had the opportunity to visit NYC where they were able to visit some well-known Christmas locations including skating at Rockefeller Center (pictured). Given our location, I think it’s important for students to participate in organized trips and travel to different cities for various events and holidays. We regularly take a large group of students to NYC to visit alumni and major corporations, but a social trip puts a whole different dynamic on the experience. For once they didn’t have to dress in business
attire!

As I look forward to having some time off, I hope that during this holiday season you will cherish the time you have with your loved ones and try to find at least a bit of time to give back in some way to those in need. In my hometown of Hull, MA, a terrific organization “Wellspring,” provides a wide range of support services. I make sure that they are always on my holiday gift list.

I wish everyone a terrific holiday season that is filled with fun, family, and friends. My husband and I will be spending time with our terrific kids and our two grandchildren. I’m looking forward to that, but also eager for our students to return to campus in January. It’s soooo quiet when they’re not around!