Giving thanks for family and Nichols

Thanksgiving is an appropriate time for me to reflect upon and express appreciation for the many blessings in my life. Personally, I am most thankful for an amazing family, my husband Dave, our two terrific children (Kristy and Jason) and their wonderful spouses (Brad and Erin), and two grandkids (Grace and Liam), who are the love of my life. Dave and I are fortunate that both of our children live close by, so we will spend Thanksgiving with them.

Most of all I am thankful for our students. The Class of 2015, who came to Nichols with me in the fall of 2011, is preparing to leave us, a bittersweet experience for me. As I reflect back upon my past four years at Nichols, I realize that I am truly blessed to be here, where the level of caring among faculty and staff is remarkable.  This makes my job easier in many ways because our students truly come first.  These years have been the most rewarding of my professional life, as the College experiences record enrollment and retention levels and sees major facilities projects underway. One quote by John F. Kennedy expresses my sentiments as my family and I plan on celebrating the holiday: “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to mutter the words, but to live by them.”

I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. May your life be filled with good things to be thankful for as ours are filled with thankfulness for you.