Class of 2020 Move In Day

2016 9 7moveinday1Move-In Day is my favorite day of the year. I join the hustle and bustle of the day as freshmen students arrive on campus with the excitement of beginning college and writing the next chapter of their lives. I met parents who were neatly making beds, a little sister holding back tears, grandmothers bursting with pride, and older or younger brothers and sisters helping with the move-in process.

There were also “movers and shakers” (upperclassmen) on hand to help move items from the car to the dorm room. Faculty and staff joined in to welcome the class of 2020 showing the remarkable sense of community spirit and pride that will be present for their four years at Nichols.

2016 9 7Moveinday2I realize this is a time of uncertainty. As you open this new chapter, look forward with excitement about what the next four years will be like. Realize you have a whole new network that will nurture you and help you forge new pathways. Make each second count here at Nichols – in the classroom and beyond. I hope you feel pride as you being your journey at Nichols. I know we are proud to call you a Nichols student.