Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect upon and express gratitude for the many blessings in your life. I have much to be thankful for in my life. Personally, I am most thankful for an incredible family, my husband Dave, our two amazing children (Kristy and Jason), their wonderful spouses (Brad and Erin), and four grandchildren (Grace, Liam, JJ, and Addy). I am grateful to have my parents at age 91 and my mother-in-law who is 101.

I am also thankful for our students, faculty, and staff. At Nichols, we understand the meaning of being a community. Our students are focused on leadership, integrity, and collaboration to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others. The faculty and staff provide a level of caring and guidance that encourages excellence in our students and demonstrates that our students truly come first. One quote by Melody Beattie that expresses my thoughts as I gather with loved ones to celebrate the holiday: “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

Happy Thanksgiving.